[Samba] printers - network path was not found

Thrane thrane at netadmins.dk
Tue Jan 25 18:20:58 GMT 2005

Im trying to add a PDF printer to an existing configuration.

The original setup for the printer was inspired by an article from :
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html, this worked relativly
easy on my workstation while i was testing it.
there for i expect the configuration works.

The problem began when i exportet the configuration to my server at
first I could connect to the share but the prints didnt contain any
thing, the output to the spool dir (/tmp) was corrupt.

I then discovedered that the server was running an old version 2.2.x so
i upgraded it to 3.0.10-Debian.

My problem is now that when i try to connect to the printer share i get
the message "network path was not found." even though the name is
displayed when browsing the server.

the only output from the logs that indicates an error is this: 0014
status code: WERR_INVALID_PRINTER_NAME from the
/var/log/samba/log.client log.

This is how the test configuration file looks.

[global]

# Do something sensible when Samba crashes: mail the admin a backtrace
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        domain master = auto
        printing = cups
        dns proxy = no
        encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = tdbsam guest
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        invalid users = root
        max log size = 1000
        preferred master = auto
        obey pam restrictions = yes

        log level = 5
        #debug level = 5

        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        server string = kon-tec
        workgroup = kon-tec
        local master = yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        guest account = nobody

        load printers = yes
#       postscript = yes
        printer admin = thrane
        os level = 100
#       use client drivers = yes

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = no
        writable = yes
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[PDF]
        path = /tmp
        #browseable = yes
        printable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        print command = /usr/bin/PDFprinter.sh %s
        lpq command =
        lprm command =

[fildeling]
   comment = shared files
   path = /pack
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   create mask = 0770
   directory mask = 0770

PS. I have tryed the IRC channel #samba but there was no activity ...