[Samba] samba member server user authentication

Justin samba_list at midaliasteel.com
Tue Jan 25 07:53:08 GMT 2005

Hi List,

I have a PDC running version 2.2.7a (RH9) and a member server running
3.0.10-1 (FC2). I'm trying to authenticate users who need to access the
member server by utilising the username/passwords on the PDC however I'm
not having much luck.

I don't want to create/replicate any users on the member server. Is
there any way to authenticate users with the PDC so as they can access
resources etc on the member server? Basically what I wanted to do was
authenticate against the samba PDC and map home directories to the
another (member) server. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Justin