[Samba] DOS Attributes On Folders

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:58:45 GMT 2005

Hi!

Thanks to the sterling advice of Daniel Beschorner, I have managed to
get DOS file attributes working via extended attributes. However, I have
just noticed that DOS folder attributes are not being preserved! Is this
a limitation of samba? I can't find any options that would let me turn
this on, and I can see how it would make sense with the old "map * =
yes" approach to DOS attributes, but with extended attributes such as I
am using surely folders can have DOS attributes too?

If anyone could enlighten me I would be most grateful!

Max Bolingbroke