[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 errors

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Mon Jan 24 21:53:48 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm constantly getting those errors on my samba server:

[2005/01/24 11:04:16, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(384)
  read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

[2005/01/24 16:54:32, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1000)
  getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

There are logs created with the client's IP numbers, filled with the errors
mentioned above, and a log file named "0.0.0.0.log", also with those errors.
The things is: there should NOT be log files named after the client's IP
number, since my smb.conf have a "log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log" entry.

There are also log files ( the expected ones) named after the client's
netbios named that contains no errors at all.

It appears that samba is, sometimes, unable to get the netbios name of the
clients. I haven't seen those on other versions of samba, so I'm guessing
that's not a default (or normal) operation.

Everything seems to be working fine, but these error messages are kinda
worrying me. Any idea of what those are?

My configuration is samba-3.0.10, PDC, security = user. No winbind, no
openldap, no ADS. All the clients are Windows XP SP2. Simples as it can be.
But still, those errors.

I have tried all the settings I know, I've searched everywhere, but no luck
on getting those fixed.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks advanced;

Giovani