[Samba] Re: Roaming Profiles -- Problem Rapidly Switching Users

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Mon Jan 24 20:33:00 GMT 2005

Il 24/01/2005, alle ore 21:16, AndyLiebman at aol.com ha scritto:

> ANY machine. However on a SINGLE MACHINE, when I log on as USER_1 and access
> that user's roaming profile, if I then log off and immediately try to log on
> again (AS USER_1 or ANOTHER USER), Windows XP gives me a message saying that it

I recall having similar errors on Win2000 machines, when rapidly logging
off and on using various machines (I don't remember experiencing the same
on a single machine, though).
I was told it's a Windows problem, as Win clients do not immedately remove
all file locks upon logout. I worked around this using the following
parameter in smb.conf:

veto oplock files = /NTUSER.DAT/

--
Ciao,