[Samba] Visual Studio/Samba Compile from Shares issue

Kelly S. Smelser ksmelser at uindy.edu
Mon Jan 24 19:36:04 GMT 2005

I've run into a problem in which Visual Studio 6.0 gives an Internal
Compiler Error message when compiling from a samba share.  The project
compiles fine locally and from shares on Windows machines.  To me this
suggests that the issue is with Samba.  I've tried adding full access to
the share where the project is housed, but to no avail.  Any ideas?  We
are running samba 3.0.9-1.3E.2 on a Redhat Enterprise 3 server.  The
clients are Windows XP machines running Visual Studio 6.0 w/ SP5.

K.

--
Kelly S. Smelser
Labs Manager, Client Services