[Samba] same profile for all users

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Jan 24 14:18:33 GMT 2005

Florian Effenberger:

> is it possible to have the same profile for some users (or a group of
> users) without having to use a separate profile directory for each user?
>
> I would like to set up a pre-defined mandatory profile for a school with
> more than 1,000 students. Each student should have the same, unchangeable
> profile. Is it possible to run it out of one profile directory? If yes,
> how?

Isn't this described very fully in Inge-Håvard Hunstad's contribution to
the LDAP HOWTO?

"But I don't use LDAP".

Never mind, that's where it's described, more or less at the end. Mind
you, you're apparently going to have to do "more than 1,000" regedits, but
that's the joy of Windows. Maybe there's an automated method ...

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl