[Samba] "Sufficient access to your computer to select this print queue"

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon Jan 24 17:37:09 GMT 2005

I have been looking for this registry setting and it's driving me nuts.
I'm sure someone has figured it out by now, so let's give it a shot. I am
attempting to map a new printer automatically when users log on. This
works fine for the printers that have been installed in the past, but this
new printer generates the message, on mapping:

"You do not have sufficient access to your computer to select this print
queue." (or very similar message)

I've tried "addprinterdriver" or whatever the setting is, and I've tried
to modify the point and print restrictions. Anyone have any idea which one
finally kills this error message?

Thanks!

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630