[Samba] smbldap-tools and sambaPasswordMustChange

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Mon Jan 24 14:30:13 GMT 2005

Hi all,

In my smbldap.conf, I have the following:
defaultMaxPasswordAge="90"

Therefore I would expect when I add a new user, for it to insert the value
7776000.  However it inserts the value 1114351589.  And every time a user
changes his/her password after it HAS expired (which funnily happens after 30
days not 90), the field is changed to 2147483647.

Now maybe I am completely misunderstanding the value, but I thought it was
supposed to be # of seconds until the password expires.  Can someone give me
a clue as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Misty