[Samba] Windows XP connects as guest instead of letting me choosethe username / password

remote remote at leat.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jan 24 07:24:48 GMT 2005

Had the same thing happening to me a few days ago. In my case, the problem
was that the WinXP login/password were not the same as the Linux/Samba
login/password. However, this only happened when the security level of my
Samba server was set to share. If you switch to security= user and have a
SMB user for each Windows user, you can login with the usual login/password
combination.
Since I am pretty new to this Samba stuff, you might wanna listen to more
experienced guys though, anyway :)

Cheers,

Jörg