[Samba] change settings in all profiles

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Sun Jan 23 17:14:38 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I have successfully set up my Samba domain with profile management and
now have a Default User profile. When I create a new user and log on for
the first time, I have the pre-defined profile as a template, so
necessary changes only need to be made in one profile.

That is great, however, I have a question. If, after some time, I want
to add something to all profiles (for example: a registry setting, a
shortcut on the desktop, etc.), what is the best way to do this?
Deleting all profiles and let them rebuild with a new Default User
profile is no option, since I don't want to destroy the users personal
settings.

Is there no other way than scripting, i.e. placing something in the
netlogon.bat file? Or is there a trick?

Thanks
Florian