[Samba] Samba Issue on Win XP to Linux Machine

Kevin Barry kfbarry at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 22:10:33 GMT 2005

In doing some more investigation I seem to have cleared half of the problem.
I stopped the firewall on the linux machine and found that both machines
could not browse the linux box. I noticed in my firewall application that
Win XP was also using port 445 which I added to my firewall rules. But the
Mac did not register a port connection so when I restarted the firewall the
Win XP box continued to be able to browse the linux box but the Mac was
again shut out. It seems that the Mac needs a different port opened on the
linux box.

Any suggestions.

Kevin