[Samba] Samba / Cups / ADS problem

Ian Taylor ian at i-a.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:08:53 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up a printserver with Linux, Cups and Samba that will
authenticate users via a windows 2000 ADS.  I'm nearly there, but I'm
having a few troubles with Samba / Windbind.

I'm at the point where I can connect to the server from a windows box
connected to the Active Directory and see the printers on the server,
and if I'm logged into the windows box as Administrator, it will print
fine.

However, if I'm logged in as a normal user, it won't print (windows
gives an error message 'test page failed to print....unable to create
print job')

I've put the main files and a snippet of log file that may indicate the
problem at http://ian.internet-assist.com/samba-files.txt

Something I've noticed is that home directories do not get created in
/home/ for the active directory users, is there something I've missed
out of my smb.conf?

The system is samba 3.0.9 running on Gentoo Linux if that helps - any
advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ian.

--
Ian Taylor
Technical Support

Tel: +44 (0)1621 840014      Fax   : +44 (0)1621 853 959
Web: http://www.i-a.co.uk    Email : ian at i-a.co.uk