[Samba] Huge problem with roaming profiles

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Thu Jan 20 14:14:38 GMT 2005

Well, I thought everything was fine!  Guess not.

Yesterday I was playing with NetBIOS settings trying to get two servers to see
each other across subnets.  Well, since then, my users are randomly
disconnected from the server, and every few times they log out / in, they get
a message that their roaming profile wasn't available and a cached copy will
be used instead.  When that happens they have no connectivity to the CORP
domain (they can't even click CORP in their network places) and their login
script doesn't get executed.

I think this is some name resolution thing, but AFAIK I have put everything
back to how it was before.  Can anyone think of what I should check?  Maybe
the broadcast order?