[Samba] Excel files & file modification time

Bostjan Müller neonatus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:33:13 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a problem on samba running on RHEL 3 kernel 2.4.21 with RHEL 3
samba packages - samba-3.0.7-1.3E.1.
The problem is, that when people open excel files (with office 97
version of excel) the file modification time is changed (even if the
file is only opened and excel closed without saving).
This same problem does not occur on the [homes] share (in every test
untill now it never happened on that share).

I am wondering what is different between [homes] and other shares,
since I do not have any special/different settings for those shares.

I hope someone can enlighten me with an answer.

Regards,
Bostjan
--
buhdej evridej