[Samba] HELP - winbind/PAM issues

Guille guillemw at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:09:04 GMT 2005

Hi,

I had a similar problem and rearranging some setting in the pam.d file
system-auth helped.
This is what I have.....

System-auth
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
account     sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_succeed_if.so uid < 100
quiet
account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

password    requisite     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok
md5 shadow
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required	pam_securetty.so
auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required	pam_nologin.so
account    sufficient pam_winbind.so
account    required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required	pam_selinux.so close
session    required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional	pam_console.so
# pam_selinux.so open should be the last session rule
session    required	pam_selinux.so multiple open