[Samba] Sudden domain login problems from XP-pro sp2 clients, Please help!

Daniel Gapinski dangapinski at qsi-r2.com
Wed Jan 19 17:26:16 GMT 2005

I have been having the same problem, except that it is not limited to
XP. What seems to happen in my case is that a I can rejoin a computer
and then another computer exhibits the same problem. I never had these
issues when I was using Samba 2.2.7a (I had other minor issues, but
nothing as weird as this). I have sometimes removed entries from
smbpasswd before rejoining, which might help the rejoining, but does not
help the problem of other computers getting kicked off the domain.

I run a small 13 computer network off a Samba server made by a mere
P2-233, 256MB ram, 4GB HD (2GB free).

Where does one start with this?

Dan