[Samba] admin privileges on a single domain machine

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Wed Jan 19 16:17:39 GMT 2005

We assume the local machine is insecure. We put following in system
login script:

\\fs1\sys\public\cpau /profile /u administrator /p publicpw /ex "net
localgroup administrators domain\%username% /add"

This batch file has the effect of adding the domain user to local
machine's administrator group, keeps things working well.

cpau can be downloaded from: http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm

--
John Schmerold
Katy Computer & Wireless