[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 joining Windows 20003 ADS

Mark Dixon ccaamad at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 15:52:06 GMT 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Andrew Zbikowski wrote:

> > I don't know if it might also work in your case. After defining an
> > uppercased netbios name on smb.conf, the segfault warnings stopped.
>
> netbios name = TTLNX01
>
> Mine was already uppercased, so that's not it.

I've seen similar error messages when I'm trying to join a domain but I
already have a domain machine account in my Samba system's secrets.tdb
file.

On my system, this file is in /usr/local/samba/private/, but I suspect it
will be somewhere else on yours. As a suggestion: try stopping samba,
looking for this file, rename it out of the way and try again.

Hope this helps,

Mark
Mark Dixon                Email    : m.dixon at ucl.ac.uk
Systems Integration       Tel (int): 34371
Information Systems       Tel (ext): 020 7679 4371
University College London, UK