[Samba] admin privileges on a single domain machine

Daniel Wilson daniel.wilson at sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 11:44:17 GMT 2005

Yes its on win2k, it the 4th option down on the right click menu.
Failing that got to Control Panel> Administrative Tools>Click on
Computer Management...then click "Local Users and Groups">Groups etc...

Mario Ohnewald wrote:

>>You must add the user's account to the local administrators group. This
>>cant be done in LDAP as i believe.
>>Right click on "My Computer", then manage>users and group>groups>right
>>click on administrator>add>etc...
>>

>Is this on a XP Prof? Cause i could not find that right click menu in win2k.
>
>Cheers, Mario

Daniel Wilson
Systems Administrator

IT & Communications Service
University of Sunderland
Unit1 Technology Park
Chester Road
Sunderland
SR2 7PT

Tel: 0191 515 2695

This e-mail contains information which is confidential and may be privileged and is for the exclusive use of the recipient.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this message and its attachments are virus free.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University, unless otherwise specifically
stated.