[Samba] AD (Win2k) trusting SAMBA 3 problem

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Wed Jan 19 09:47:58 GMT 2005

Hi.

I'm trying to estabilish a trust between Win2k configured in mixed mode
with SAMBA 3 server. I followed instructions from SAMBA HOWTO, however the
trust is not working - I don't have any clue why is it not working - I
didn't find any usefull message in SAMBA logs - I will continue debugging
today evening.

I want to achive that users from SMBDC domain can login into computers
part of WINDC domain (and of course that users from SMBDC can use WINDC
shares).

The two domains are on separate subnets connected by VPN. Only TCP trafic
on TCP port 445 and UDP port 138 are allowed to pass the VPN (this can be
changed if needed). Both computers run WINS server. There is no BDC
neighter for first, neighter for second domain.

The WINDC server has the following entry in
C:\WINNT\System32\Drivers\etc\lmhosts :
----
<ip_of_SMB_srv> smbsrvname #PRE #DOM:SMBDC
----

The SAMBA server contains following entries in lmhosts file:
----
<ip_of_WIN_srv>       winsrvname#20
<ip_of_WIN_srv>       windc#1b
----

Part of smb.conf file:
----
workgroup = SMBDC
netbios name = smbsrvname
smb ports = 445 139
logon home =
logon path =
logon drive = H:
domain logons = Yes
domain master = Yes
preferred master = Yes
wins support = Yes
wins proxy = Yes
remote announce = <ip_of_WIN_srv>
dns proxy = No
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmaps
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
idmap uid = 61000-63000
idmap gid = 61000-63000
----

Did I make any obious mistake in my config? Any clue why is it not
working?

Best regards,
Dezo