[Samba] Problem adding user to Administrator list - part 2

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be
Wed Jan 19 05:23:21 GMT 2005

I am kind of convinced that it is not the client machines that are causing
the problem.
None of the other users have this problem; they can log on to any machine
in the network.
It is just this one user that has the problem.

Bert

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at interia.pl>
Sent by: samba-bounces+bdr=peopleware.be at lists.samba.org
18-01-2005 17:13

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Samba] Problem adding user to Administrator list - part 2

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be wrote:
> Ok, I disabled the win firewall on the machine,and indeed I got another
> :-(  error message
>
> 'A device attached to this system is not functioning'
>
> Trying another user on the same machine without changing anything (on
the
> same login window) : no problem

Did you try rebooting the windows machine? :)

Perhaps this is something else, but specifying WINS servers on windows
is also a good idea (try ipconfig /all on windows to see if they are
configured).

Tomek