[Samba] Permission denied when using RCS from windows with Samba 3.0.10

Bill Williams billwilliams at qcsoftware.com
Tue Jan 18 21:31:16 GMT 2005

We just upgraded our server to run Mandrake 10.1.  It is using kernel
2.6.8 and we are now using Samba 3.0.10.

I am using the RCS commands on a Windows XP Professional computer.
Before the upgrade, I had no problem checking files out with the "co -l"
command no matter who owned the file.

Now I get a "Permission denied" error unless I'm the owner of the RCS
control file.

The "delete readonly" option is set to yes but does not seem to be helping.