[Samba] [Fwd: password quality compliance]

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 18 20:53:24 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 08:31 -0600, Chris Snider wrote:
> I would also like to see a force strong password feature added.

Which is has been.  Simo did the dirty work, and packaged my cracklib
code into an example app, and setup a 'script' hook to call it.  The
parameter missed documentation for a while, but should be in the latest
snapshot as 'check password script', with the cracklib code in
examples/auth/crackcheck.

(By using a script, simo allowed the silly exit(1) behaviour of cracklib
to continue, without killing smbd).

Hmm, we should make this a little easier to find - I was looking under
'password quality script' originally...

Andrew Bartlett