[Samba] winbind PDC error

Xavier Callejas xcallejas at ibcinc.com.sv
Tue Jan 18 17:44:57 GMT 2005

Hola.

Hi.

I have an error when I try to run: wbinfo -u from the PDC itself (samba 3,
FC3), I have runing winbind, smb, nmb on the PDC, this is the error:

[root at brain media]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

This is my smb.conf:
---------------------
[global]
	workgroup = DOMAIN
	netbios name = brain
	server string = Controlador de dominio
	os level = 30
	debug level = 10
	max log size = 50
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

# PDC
 	domain logons = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain master = Yes
	logon drive = H:
	logon home =
	logon path =
	# \\%L\%u\.w9xprfl
	time server = yes

# Usuarios y passwords
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	encrypt passwords = yes
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	unix password sync = Yes

	# Programas auxiliares y scripts
		passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
		passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
		add machine script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine
-d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
		add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -g users -s /bin/false -d /sbin/nologin
-m %u
		delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
		add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
		delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
		add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u

# Note: The following specifies the default logon script.
	logon script = %G.bat

# This sets the default profile path. Set per user paths with pdbedit
#	logon path = \\%L\profiles\mswprfl

# Impresi'on
	printcap name = cups
	cups options = raw
	printing = cups
	load printers = no
	printer admin = xavier, at root, root, @ntadmin, administrator

# Winbind
	idmap uid = 15000-20000
	idmap gid = 15000-20000
	winbind separator = +
#	winbind enable local accounts = yes
#	winbind trusted domains only = yes
#        template primary group = "Domain Users"
#	winbind use default domain = yes
# Misc.
	wins support = yes
	getwd cache = yes
	admin users = xavier , root, @root
	#security = user
	nt status support = yes
	template shell = /bin/bash

------------------

But when I run in the same server this command, there is no err:

		[root at brain squid]# net rpc testjoin
		Join to 'IBCINC' is OK
and:

		[root at brain squid]# wbinfo -t
		checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

Why I can not list the usrs with wbinfo -u in the PDC server??? but if I do
wbinfo -u from a smb client with a machine trust account in the domain, there
is no problem linting the users.

--
Xavier Callejas

El Salvador