[Samba] Problem adding user to Administrator list - part 2

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be
Tue Jan 18 15:59:05 GMT 2005

Ok, I disabled the win firewall on the machine,and indeed I got another
:-(  error message

'A device attached to this system is not functioning'

Trying another user on the same machine without changing anything (on the
same login window) : no problem

Regards,

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office
Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel
Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be
http://www.mobileware.be

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at interia.pl>
Sent by: samba-bounces+bdr=peopleware.be at lists.samba.org
18/01/2005 16:35

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Samba] Problem adding user to Administrator list - part 2

Bert_De_Ridder at peopleware.be wrote:
> It gets even weirder than that : it seems that this particular user has
> not been authentication against the PDC for some time now; (so, using
> cached data from his pc)
> If he tries to log on to another machine in the domain, the machine
> complaints that the domain is not available.
> ("The system cannot log you on now because the domain PEOPLEWARE is not
> available")
>
> NO entries are being made in the samba logs.

I had similar symptoms when there were problems with name resolution and
too restrictive firewall ("The system cannot log you on now because the
domain PEOPLEWARE is not available", NO entries are being made in the
samba logs).

Tomek