[Samba] Users with changed passwords can't log on remotely (but can locally)

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 18 15:03:21 GMT 2005

Actually it's not a PDC.  Most of the clients are Mac OS X, with a few
Windows machines here and there, so no client machines are actually
joined to the domain.  The issue is purely with connecting.

-Ed

:: Ed Holden
:: Administrator, Research Information Systems
:: McLean Hospital
:: Tel: (617) 855-2822
:: Web: http://research.mclean.harvard.edu/ris

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Ed Holden wrote:
>
>> I migrated a complete Samba configuration from an old server to a new
>> one, including the entire /etc/samba directory and all user accounts.
>> At first, no clients were aware that anything had changed.  But when I
>> changed the passwords of two users they suddenly couldn't connect.
>

>>  Anyone ever seen anything like this?
>

> Could you try joining to domain (I assume you have some PDC?) from the
> workstation the user can't log in once again?
>
> Maybe there are troubles with machine passwords, joining domain once
> again should solve it, or there are two or more machines in LAN with the
> same netbios name etc.
>

> Tomek

Any information, including protected health information (PHI), transmitted
 in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and or
exempt from disclosure under applicable Federal or State law. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon, protected health information (PHI) by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.