[Samba] can't access directory although group is listen in ACL

Sven Pfeifer sven.pfeifer at netexpress.de
Tue Jan 18 14:11:33 GMT 2005

Hi,

we are running Samba 3.0.10 on Solaris 8. I compiled Samba with ACL
support. Our Samba server is connected to our Windows 2000 AD-Domain as
a member server. wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g are working fine, so that I can
see all our Windows user and groups. Using "getent group" lists only my
Unix groups and just one Windows group.

And now I have the following problem when accessing a directory in our
main-share "data".

One of my colleagues created the directory "staff-dir" within the share.
He added the Windows-group "DOMAIN+staff" to the ACL, using the Windows
ACL-dialog, to gain full access. We are both members of the group
"DOMAIN+staff", but I'm not allowed to access. I get the error message
"access denied".

TIA

	Sven