[Samba] Re: OT - Software deployment

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Jan 17 23:31:56 GMT 2005

Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:

> Do you guys use anything other
> than brute force to deploy software and updates to your client PCs?

For now, in my opinion your term of "brute force" describes the free and cheap solutions for automated deployment rather well. Better software costs money, and the best solution ignores the market
which has less than 5000 nodes. For now, that is the situation of the playing field. Today, your best option is to assemble tools and scripts together based on your environment in an effort to make
your job a bit easier. Such implementations become highly tied to the LAN they were developed in, thus you will not find code out there that fits well and just drops into your LAN. Grab ideas, make
some dust, and never forget that the sun will be out tomorrow! :-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems