[Samba] Samba PDC and logon.bat questions

Mike Partyka mike.partyka at stonepath.com
Mon Jan 17 18:34:27 GMT 2005

>as for the group share, create a share like:
>[group]
>comment = group share
>path = /home/groups/%G

Ahh I see, no need to declare each group share explicately, as long as users
are placed in the appropriate groups then they'll get the right share
mapped.

>"profile home = \home\samba\profile" and I logon using an XP
>I can't say i've ever seen this parameter!!!
>You want this in your global section:
>logon path = \\sambahost\Profiles
>create a share called Profiles
>[Profiles]
>comment = profile share
>path = /home/profiles/%u

Sorry, I was typing the email from memory and didn't get the profile
parameter for XP machines right, but It looks as though you understood what
I meant. As all users are now using just local profiles in a workgroup setup
I wonder at the need for roaming profiles, if I just blank out the right
hand side of the "logon path" parameter then doesn't that disable roaming
profiles without the need to do a regedit on each workstation?

Thanks for your help!