[Samba] Migrating PDC

Simon A. F. Lund safl at safl.dk
Sun Jan 16 05:47:44 GMT 2005

I've just migrated from FreeBSD 4.8 to 5.3 with Samba 2.2 to 3.0.10 with
MySQL. All i did was simply copy over the needed files (profiles and
user data).

But it would have been a lot easier if a had taken the user database
with me. Especially the machine accounts, since the SID much match
otherwise the WinXP boxes needs to join the domain once again.
Also if you use "Point'n'Print" remember to get the .tdb files with you.
So my advise to you is to take a look at pdbedit, and the options for
migrating the user database. Plus which .tdb files you need.

just my 2 cents

-Simon