[Samba] Windows 2003 member server

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Sun Jan 16 01:39:50 GMT 2005

> PDC, however initial authentication fails.  My first question is, Is
> this a supported layout (samba 3 PDC, windows 2003 member server)?.

Seems to work well for me, logging in with samba domain users on a
joined 2003 box.

> Secondly, what would cause authentication from the windows login
> prompt to fail, but authentication inside windows to work?

Without seeing the error you're getting or the samba logs it's pretty
tough to say.  I can think of several different failure modes you could
be seeing.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322