[Samba] SUSE 9.2

Jody onlcomp at absamail.co.za
Sat Jan 15 09:36:24 GMT 2005

My name is Jody and I am in Cape Town South Africa. I have been
 working on Windoze for about 6 months and have experienced many
 problems. I have been introduced to Linux (Suse 9.2) when I visited
 the Science center in the Vacation Period.

 I have installed Suse on my Dads Laptop and the Laptop is inturn
 connected to a network by means of a 100meg Switch. On the Network we
 have a PDC whichruns a Domain called WORK and on the PDC we have
various shares
 and Users including mine. (The PDC IS RUNNING NT)

 I have managed to set up SUSE in such a way that it notices the WORK
 Domain when configuring the Network with Samba (Quite cool). Once the
 configuration had completed I was faced with whe KDE login on the
 Laptop which looks like this....

 WORK/Jody
 WORK/Administrator
 WORK/guest

 etc.........

 If I choose any of the above logon names and insert the password it
 gives me an error......

 XSESSION: Access denied for user WORK/Jody.........and leaves me to
 click on OK and reverts to the main logon screen. The only person that
 can logon is root as root is a local profile on the Latop I guess.

 I contacted the Local Linux team here in SA and they refered me to
 Samba . Please help me as my Dad is not impressed with me. Luckily I
 never deleted the windows partition as yet as my dad uses the Laptop
 for work purposes.

 NB all the above users can log in from any Windoze workstation without
 any problems

 Thanking you in advance
 Jody