[Samba] Windows 2003 member server

Christensen Tom paveraware at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 02:05:22 GMT 2005

I have a Samba 3 pdc set up with ldap password backend, I successfully
joined a windows 2003 server to the domain, however I cannot log in with any
domain users from the samba pdc.  If I log in as a local user on the windows
2003 server I can connect to the samba pdc, and when asked for a
username/password, the username and password of a user on the PDC works.  I
can log in that way and see a user's files on the PDC, however initial
authentication fails.  My first question is, Is this a supported layout
(samba 3 PDC, windows 2003 member server)?.  Secondly, what would cause
authentication from the windows login prompt to fail, but authentication
inside windows to work?
Thanks for any help,
Tom