[Samba] Help with samba

Christoph Stoettner nospam at stoeps.de
Fri Jan 14 20:30:08 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, den 14.01.2005, 11:43 -0800 schrieb Sebastian Sola:
> Ok,
>
> I did change all to probe just with one user. The same
> /home/cotiza directory, with 775 mode
>
> In user1 computer's: mount -t smbfs -o
> username=user4(the owner of
> /home/cotiza),password=xxxxx,fmask=775,dmask=775

I think you can leave f/dmask away. These settings should come from
samba.

> user1 can mount /home/cotiza but, if we try to make a
> directory inside, the mode for the new directory are
> o+rwx g+rx a+rx, so they cannot save anything inside.

Did you change your smb.conf?

There are:
> > create mask = 0765
> > > create directory mask = 0765
> > > create directory mode = 0765

Should be
create mask = 0660 (so only user4 and users can read and write files
create directory mask/mode = 0775 or 0770

If this won't work -> have a look at the users umask!

Bye
Chris