[Samba] Revisiting SMB and SMP

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Jan 14 18:51:07 GMT 2005

> The general question is:  Does samba work correctly in an SMP
> environment?  Apparently OOB it doesn't...but is there a way to make
> it work?

Can't say there's any problem in my environment, on a few SMP-ish
servers.  I say smp-ish because they're really hyperthreaded Xeons, but
they're supposed to ACT just like a true SMP box.  I'm using the stock
Fedora versions, but I don't think they do anything funky to it.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322