[Samba] Does Samba3 support AD trusts?

Richard Cardwell ricc at hplb.hpl.hp.com
Fri Jan 14 11:46:42 GMT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering, does anyone know if Samba 3 support Windows 2003 Active
directory forest trusts ?

We have been trying to make Samba 3 (3.0.10) in an environment that has
2 Windows 2003 Active directory forests connected by a 'Forest Trust'.
Does Samba 3 support 'Forest trusts' and if so are their any limitations
on their use.

In our environment all Samba 3 servers and windows client workstations
are members of one forest and the accounts used to access these
resources are in the other - can we make this work ?

Any information you have on this will be gratefully received

--

Richard Cardwell		-	H-P Labs
ricc at hpl.hp.com (email) 	-	RIT