[Samba] [Fwd: password quality compliance]

fandino fandino at ng.fadesa.es
Fri Jan 14 09:49:33 GMT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: password quality compliance
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:45:37 +0100
From: fandino <fandino at ng.fadesa.es>
To: samba at lists.samba.org

Hello list,

  I'd like to have an advice about how to configure samba
with password quality compliance.

  My file server is running samba 3.0.10 with a ldap backend
and the users change their passwords regularly, all runs
fine expect for the weak passwords that users choose, they
are very simple ones like _12345678_ or _qwertyui_. All I
can do with samba is impose a password length but it is
clearly insufficient.

Please note that in my country personal data must satisfy some
laws and they force us to update passwords regularly.

I know that cracklib support was removed and the choice seems
PAM but no password directive support is present with this
version. I wonder how other admins resolved this problem.

Thank you.