[Samba] Add user using Windows ACL Dialog

Sebastian samba at basti79.de
Thu Jan 13 22:47:56 GMT 2005

Hi list...

I'm using samba 3.0.10-1 from debian testing. I have a working setup with
security=user and ACL's. I can edit ACLs with setfacl and view and modify
those with the Windows ACL Dialog.

When I try to add a user with the windows ACL dialog, it asks for username
and password, and no matter what password i provide i'm not able to browse
or add users. Is there something i must do to my user account on the samba
server to give me the right browse the user list?

I've tried this with Win2k-SP4 and WinXP-SP2, both same results. Any
suggestions?

Greets
  Sebastian.