[Samba] Migrate from two domains to one

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Thu Jan 13 18:10:38 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have two different domains right now, separated by a T1.  They both use the
same LDAP server (on this side of the T1).  CORP is the domain with more
users, and FURN has only a handful of users.  But right now FURN has its own
PDC which is storing all of the users' profiles and home directories as well
as some other files.  I would like to merge those users into the CORP domain,
but I want them to use their own server for profiles and home directories,
and I want some of their file shares to be available on both sides of the T1.
I can do the shares easily by just mounting them locally I guess, but I am
not sure how to go about having some users' profiles on one server, and
others on another server.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Misty