[Samba] smbfs pc-netlink problem

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Jan 12 19:45:58 GMT 2005

Hi Rob,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 01:12:15PM -0600, Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:
> I posted basically this problem yesterday with no response, but I have some
> new information so here's a rego.
>
> I mount a solaris box which is sharing files with pc-netlink
>
> I use the following line in my fstab
>
> //machinename/Share /mnt/machinename/share smbfs
> credentials=/etc/fstabpwds/username,ro,user 0 0
>
> And it mounts fine, I can access all the directories, and most of the files.
>
> Some of the files however are problematic. Namely, I can't copy them or open
> them or use them in anyway. If I try to cp them, the process never ends and
> the resulting file grows until it takes up all the space on the destination
> drive.

This is a known issue. You can workaround it by using with the
(undocumented) "oldattr" option. Please give use feedback if it that helps
for you.

Guenther

--
Guenther Deschner                                               Samba Team
SerNet GmbH - Goettingen                                      gd at samba,org
gd at sernet.de