[Samba] winbind stops authenticating until a restart.

Manuel Capinha mcapinha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:48:16 GMT 2005

Me too, me too!

Seriously now, I've seen this also:
in 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 it was definitely there, I remember seeing it on
3.0.8 or 3.0.9 but since I've upgraded to 3.0.10 winbind has never
crashed again.

I could tell when winbind had gone away because all authentication to
that machine would immediately be denied (followed by screams and
ramblings from the users). Our setup consists of a dual opteron box
running Debian amd64 unstable. This machine uses our network's AD
server for all authentication.

My suggestion is that you try to upgrade to 3.0.10 if you can (Bruce:
you can find suse rpm's in the samba.org ftp, if I'm not mistaken).

Cheers,
Manuel

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:52:59 -1200, brucehohl at access-4-free.com