[Samba] smbldap-useradd error looking for next uid

John H. mistamaila at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 21:54:51 GMT 2005

/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w computername
 Error looking for next uid at
/usr/local/sbin///smbldap_tools.pm line 879, <DATA>
line 283.

I cannot add machines to the samba pdc because of
this...
everything else with samba/ldap seems to work, I have
the feeling it is related to this

# Where are stored Idmap entries (used if samba is a
domain member server)
# Ex groupsdn="ou=Idmap,dc=IDEALX,dc=ORG"
idmapdn="ou=Idmap,${suffix}"

# Where to store next uidNumber and gidNumber
available
sambaUnixIdPooldn="cn=NextFreeUnixId,${suffix}"

I don't think either that ou or cn exist in my ldap
database, how do i get them in there?

If I comment out the sambaunixidpooldn, i get

 /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w foo
Could not find base dn, to get next uidNumber at
/usr/local/sbin///smbldap_tools.pm line 881, <DATA>
line 283.

any help is appreciated.