[Samba] sharing Outlook Contacts & Calendar

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Jan 11 12:43:39 GMT 2005

Hi Ilia,
there is no relationship between samba and Outlook sharing calenders
normally you need an exchange server for using this features.( samab
works with exchange 5 .5 )
There are small solution to use this features without exchange but no
open source.
Alternative there are mail servers which can help you out runnig on
linux with a outlook conector
from kerio or scalix  for example.
In open source you might want to swtich to imap cyrus with a webfrontend
(squirrelmail, openexchange)  to do this jobs
Right out of the box a so called outlook pst file can only opened once
by a user
so simply storing this on a file  server like samba  and share it  to
other users does not work
try google for pay and open source solutions.
Perhaps you want give tobit ( linux) a try.
Regards