[Samba] Password Sync on cross/multiple-platforms

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Jan 10 13:45:34 GMT 2005

>RH9 server running Samba, clients are Windows 2000, XP, MAC.  What are some
>ways to synchronize the client passwords with the Samba server, even each
>time when the user changes a password?

I get the feeling that you have users defined on the client machine, is
that correct?  If so, I don't believe there is any way that the windows
machines at least, provide you to hook into the password change
mechanism to signal something else.  This is one of the many advantages
to using domains, you don't have any local password to sync.  I would
suggest looking into domains if you aren't running one.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322