[Samba] smbldap-populate - failed to add entry: modifications require authentication

Choudary Mumtaz asadmumtaz1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 16:04:56 GMT 2005

Hi All:
          I am following the documentation from samba.org to setup a PDC. I am stuck at the initial setup of the directory structure. I am getting the following error message, while running smbldap-populate:
failed to add entry: modifications require authentication
          Please let me know asap if you have an answer.
          Thank you.