[Samba] Only primary group being used for AD user?

Reinhard Sojka reinhard.sojka at parlinkom.gv.at
Fri Jan 7 13:56:58 GMT 2005

Hi Wayne,

> The user wjr on a Window XP Pro box can browse to the server,
> access the /u share, but gets  \\servername\public not accessible
> message.  Is this a bug?
> It seems that samba can only use a single group for a given userid...

> BTW.We are running Samba 3.0.9 on Solaris 9.

which revision of Patch-ID 112960 are you running?
There have been several Problems with this Patch-ID in combination with
Samba and OpenLDAP libraries and Winbind. See
http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/Portability.html#id2597614 and http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-December/097625.html

Latest revision is 112960-22.

hope this helps,
Reinhard