[Samba] Samba 3.0 + eCS (os/2)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 7 06:38:24 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:56 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 02:50:40AM +0100, Guenter Kukkukk wrote:

> > a lot of work has been done by the samba team during the last weeks, to
> > get eCS / OS/2 working right with _samba 4.0_.
> > Samba 4.0 is the upcoming new version - a more or less complete re-write
> > of samba with many, many  new features....
> > The 4.0 release date is unknown at the moment.
> > A. Tridgell: "... it will be released, when it is ready for release..."
> > If you need further information, you can also contact me directly at
> > sambaos2 at kukkukk.com
> >
> > Cheers, Guenter
> >
> > btw - two samba - os/2 related IRC channels have been setup on irc.freenode.net
> >     #samba-os2
> >     #samba-os2-technical
> > Everyone should feel free to join those channels - it's not too crowded there at the moment. :-)

I'm not a fan of splitting things up too much - while I can't speak for
#samba, I know we have payed plenty of attention to OS/2 on #samba-
technical :-)

> It would be helpful to point out the problems with OS/2 and Samba3 also,
> as I'd like to get these fixed whilst Samba3 is still being developed and
> maintained.

There are a number of torture tests in Samba4 that now emulate this
behaviour.  I'm sure you will soon be onto tridge for what these are...

> Email works much better for reporting these things than IRC btw :-).

It got tridge's attention quite nicely.  But for the rest of the list -
Jeremy doesn't use IRC, so it's worthwhile posting things to the lists
occasionally :-)

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org