[Samba] [OT] SUSE 9.2 support

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Fri Jan 7 00:22:36 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 16:43 -0600, John Schmerold wrote:
> I'm really sick of trying to get Fedora working with Samba & LDAP, I've
> read all the books, technotes etc etc
>
> Still no glory after several months of fighting with it.
>
> So: I'm going to give SUSE 9.2 a shot, after 6 years of Red Hat, however
> I'll certainly need some support & don't know which list &/or news
> groups are "best"
>
> Anyone care to make a recommendation or two?

Give the new Debian Installer a shot and install Debian's Sarge (testing
as it is called right now)

The packages are working very well for me, just by editing things.
Generating the certs and imports the schema, etc... etc...

Feels much more a breeze than anything SuSE or Fedora (or RedHat for
that matter, my last was RH9, I got off the whirly-gig then)
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux