[Samba] Using winbindd against Samba PDC doesn't work

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jan 6 13:45:07 GMT 2005

Hi, if understand the problem in the right way
you want to join a smb domain on the smb pdc itself, or from another smb
member machine.
So you could use ntlm via winbind to auth the pdc itself to the smb
domain on the same machine.
In my case i had to create a machine account first for the pdc, after
this done i could
join the local smb domain.
Its seems to me logical , that  you  have  to create first a machine
accout  for the  want to join machine whatever it is nt
or smb.
Perhaps this solves your Problem.
There may other problems with this stuff too, i agree with jerry that
you should find the
problem in the winbind.log and in the parameters of smb.conf.
I pulled up to debug level 5 to see the problems
Best Regards